While you may not want to consider it, theft is one of the biggest reasons retail businesses can run into problems – whether it is committed by customers, staff, or even delivery drivers.
One of the easiest solutions to stopping theft is to use retail security guards.
Designed to provide a visual deterrent and respond with prompt, appropriate action, security for shops protects valuable stock and the contents of the till from disappearing.
What do retail security guards do?
Bespoke store security from Double Check Security allows peace of mind for business owners and reduces instances of theft.
Other day-to-day duties can include:
- Monitoring CCTV.
- Watching customers that enter and leave the premises.
- Looking for suspicious behaviour, including loitering and attempted entry into restricted areas.
- Patrolling internal and external areas.
- Communicating with retail staff regularly.
- Stepping in when suspicious or anti-social behaviour is observed or reported.
- Liaising with emergency services and writing reports when needed.
- Handling situations calmly and professionally within industry-approved parameters.
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times.
As such, retail security guards need to be much more than intimidating hardmen.
All retail store security from Double Check Security is Security Industry Authority (SIA) licensed, are trained to the highest standard and have impeccable manners and a friendly, approachable attitude so customers and staff feel they can approach them if they are needed.
Who would benefit from retail store security?
While it is a common assumption that only luxury brands or suppliers of expensive items need retail security, the truth is that theft can occur in any retail premises.
This means that no matter what you sell, or the size of your enterprise, any retail establishment would benefit from well-trained, professional security for shops.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Supermarkets, variety stores, and hypermarkets
- Big-box stores and wholesalers
- General, corner, and convenience stores
- Clothing and footwear shops
- Luxury retailers
- Electronics stores
- Delicatessens or specialist food retailers
- DIY, hardware, or construction-based suppliers
Are retail security guards good for business?
Retail security from Double Check Security provides many benefits to their clients, including:
- Stopping theft
According to the Centre for Retail Research, there was a reported cost of £4,214 million from retail crime in 2019, a figure that is only set to rise.
As such, even small, local retailers can benefit from competent and well-trained store security as it will allow them to increase their profits and decrease business losses associated with shoplifting.
- Giving customers extra help
Thanks to their superior customer service skills, retail store security frequently assist customers with simple queries and help them have a positive retail experience in your store.
In doing so, they make it more likely that customers will return and can ensure your retail staff are able to focus on their day-to-day duties without frequent interruption.
Contact Double Check Security for store security
Do you need competent, highly skilled and licensed retail security?